Re: Re: [iris-photos] TB - Cinnamon Girl fading?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: [iris-photos] TB - Cinnamon Girl fading?
  • From: William Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:59:17 -0500

Hi, Janet,

This was my first bloom year for Cinnamon Girl, and there was precious
little sun here during bloom for her - mostly raining and cloudy. Under
those conditions, she outperformed almost everything, so it makes sense
that she prefers the cool, damp, not hot, dry full sun many irises like.
If I have more normal bloom weather next year, perhaps I'll see if she
fades badly for me, too. She may be another of those that I ease into
the shade a bit....

As to alternatives, I'm probably not the one to make suggestions on
that. I only have about 160 varieties, and nothing real similar in color
that I can think of...

Thanks for the info,

Bill Wells

GardnrJan1@aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 5/21/2002 8:13:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> wells@train.missouri.org writes:
> > However, I have been enjoying this one as my wallpaper on my
> computer,
> > so thought I'd share it.
> >
> HI Bill,
> `         I grow CINNAMON GIRL myself and like the color but it tends
> to fade
> for me in the sun.   Have you experienced this?    It has me
> considering
> something similar that does not fade in the sun and I'm open to
> suggestions
> as to a good alternative...
> Janet Natale
> zone 8 of SC