Re: Still Waiting

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Still Waiting
  • From: "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:32:04 -0500

Morning everyone.

MDB Bitsy Blue started blooming on Tuesday and P. ATROVIOLACEA has buds.  P.
ATROVIOLACEA usually starts blooming around May 8, with Bitsy Blue not long
after, so you can see how late our spring is this year.

Some of the irises that I thought hadn't survived this bout of freeze/thaw
look like they're sending up small shoots again, but I'm sure they won't
bloom for sev years now.  On the good side, the many MDB's and SDB's that
I've been growing for a few years now have all survived.

El, near Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada Z3
MIS & DIS Display Garden