Re: Re: Missing posts

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Missing posts
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:48:04 -0700

Linda Mann wrote:
> <My guess is that it is an internet or yahoo problem not an archives
> problem. If it gets sent properly to mallorn as a subscribe rit gets
> into the archives.   John>
> John, I don't understand - do you mean there is something that Donald
> &
> I & others are doing "improperly" that is causing this?

No. That you receive other posts is indicative that you have your system
settings correct.

> Or do you
> mean
> Yahoo isn't doing it properly?
> Is this something we are just stuck with?  Any idea how many posts are
> missing from Mallorn?  Helps explain why some threads die without
> reply.

I have no idea how many posts are missing. I don't know where the
problem lies. It could be in Yahoo or in an individuals ISP or a
(intermittently) malfunctioning intermediate server. The problem seems
to come and go. I have no definitive explanation.

If you see that a post has not made it to the archives, re post it.  It
would also be illustrative to know if posts missing from Mallorn (or
your own mail box) are also missing from the Yahoo archives.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS