Re: ADMIN: Changing servers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] ADMIN: Changing servers
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:25:11 -0700

oneofcultivars@aol.com wrote:
> Makes no difference to me. But I do have two questions. Specifically
> what is
> going to be improved by moving?

For one we will not have those annoying ads at the bottom od each
message. As to missed messages, we didn't seem to have this issue until
Yahoo got so big. I don't remember it when we were on eGroups (bought by Yahoo).

> Do we know with any degree of
> certainty these
> specifics will be improved or is this move kinda like hybridizing
> where you
> gotta stuggle a couple of years to find out?

No, but IHO it shouldn't get any worse. I can suspend Yahoo, transfer
everyone to another list service and if it doesn't work out, just
unsuspend Yahoo.

> Cadidly, I gained more
> knowledge, quicker here than anywhere I could have knowingly gone.

That would not change. The processes would be ostensibly the same.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS