Re: CULT: HYB: short stalks (was last bloom)

  • Subject: Re: CULT: HYB: short stalks (was last bloom)
  • From: "pinkirises" <pbrooks@whidbey.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 03:21:10 -0000

Linda,

I'm sure the short-stalks problem I'm having this year is a
consequence of weather -- way too cold a spring.  Last year, the last
of my worries was short stalks.  And BIG blooms.  I had to stake and
stake and stake...

The least affected were those planted in my eastside bed, morning sun
only, for some reason.

Immortality bloomed for me only its first year (stalk probably set at
its origin.  It's in a Southwest bed that might not get enough sun
for it; it's my last bedful to bloom this year -- no stalk on Imm.

I may be getting less fertility too; jury out on TBs.  At first I
thought I wasn't getting pollen, but there's lots on some, so others
just stressed I think.

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8?

--- In iris-talk@y..., Linda Mann <lmann@v...> wrote:
> <very short stalks hidden by foliage.  They are SILENT SCREEN,
EDGE  OF
> WINTER, and SWINGTOWN. Walter Moores Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 >
>
> Well, rats.  SWINGTOWN has such healthy foliage and good substance
that
> I was hoping to mix it with some other things, but I am trying to
stay
> away from parents with stalks that stunt.
>
> Walter and Patricia, since you both had/are having a lot of stalk
> stunting this year, are there any TBs (modern or historic) that have
> bloomed at or near registered height, or at least have been
consistent
> in height this year compared to most years?
>
> Patricia (or others), do you grow IMMORTALITY?  What's the tallest
> you've ever seen it?  It is very consistent here, but also short.
>
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
> wondering what's going on in cyberspace - getting a lot of wormy
emails
> from unknowns, plus a few 'bounced' emails from people I never sent
> messages to.  Is it possible for somebody to 'steal' my email
address?

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.