Re: ADMIN: Changing servers

  • Subject: Re: ADMIN: Changing servers
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:08:52 +1000

Sorry for the last message, which I managed to hit send before signing off.
As far as servers - I don't mind. I am happy with Yahoo groups, becuase I am
a member of about 12 groups, and can control them all from the one members
page. I would think that Mallorn would have got over any problems they had
when we moved iris-l to here, and they have supported us throughout, with
the archives at mallorn. I don't like the sound of the newsgroup at all.
The main problem I see when people were joined up to the AB group from the
iris talk list, is that many didn't have yahoo membership, so couldn't
access the site. Some joined then forgot their passwords. If a new server
requires password access for managing your membership, this needs to be made
clear to everyone ASAP.
I do find the ads irritating when reading archives from the yahoo site, but
since the Mallorn site is so much better, I don't have that problem with
iris talk or iris photos.
Whatever - I will stay with the group. Thanks for all the great work you
have done over the years John. I am sure you will make your decision with
the best interest of the list in mind.
Cheers, Jan Clark, Australia

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.