RE: ADMIN: Changing servers

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] ADMIN: Changing servers
  • From: "Steve Szabo" <stevesz@erols.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:14:50 -0400

Sorry, but the newsgroup path is not a good idea.  We have had a few
spammers float through here in the recent past.  In a newsgroup, this would
be a daily occurrence unless the group was heavily moderated, which is
unlikely.  Also, the less technically savvy would like have some problems
with a newsgroup in that it is not nearly as easy to set up a reader and use
it as it is simply to receive e-mail to your inbox.  They are also havens
for spammers to pick up fresh addresses to add to their lists.  Thank you,
but I receive enough spam each day already.

\\Steve//
No. VA Zone 6/7