Re: OT: annual copperhead post

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: annual copperhead post
  • From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:04:20 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/2002 10:21:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
donald@eastland.net writes:

>  They are about to clean me out of lizards and I
> want those!

Hi Donald,
       Oh don't let them do that!    We have quite a few here and they keep
bugs nicely under control.    However, we also have copperheads here now and
then, probably not as much as you.   But Black Widow spiders!   I remember
when my sister lived in CA, and had them...not sure if I slept soundly a day
we were there.
We tend to have Brown Recluse spiders here.    But I know spiders have their
upside too so I try to have tolerance with them.    Don't they eat aphids?
Anyway, thanks for the post and I hope you're getting enough rain in your
part of Texas.   BTW, my sister now lives in Lubbock!

Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC, Myrtle Beach with second Bike week making a distant buzz from

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!