Re: ADMIN: Changing servers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] ADMIN: Changing servers
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:50:11 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/02 5:29:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gibbman6@mchsi.com writes:

> John,
> I concur with your take on newgroups. Also, newsgroups are prime sites for
> spammers to trawl for victims. I'd go with Mallorn if they'll have us.
> Jim

John, You will be doing all the work so pick the place that you are
comfortable with.

List servers fit the expertise of all this group well. Iris talk and iris
photos(small) seem to work well.

A usenet newsgroup would work better for 300 dpi pictures(megabyte sized
files) suitable for printing. Before anybody gets all enthused about such a
group remember that downloading from newsgroup requires good ANTI-VIRUS
practices. Posters should know how to post under an alias and/or with header
modifications.

Michael (Cathy's MLS and step dad)

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.