Re: ADMIN: Changing servers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] ADMIN: Changing servers
  • From: "Robert Miles" <milesrf@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 19:54:51 -0400

Based on what I've read, newsgroups have another problem.
Software to extract the return addresses from news messages
is fairly common among spammers, so using posting to a public
newsgroup is likely to make you start receiving more spam -
often directly by email, not through posting to the newsgroup.
Therefore, I'd be likely to stop posting at all if the list was
converted to a newsgroup.

Note that making the newsgroup moderated allows the moderator
to inappropriate messages posted to the newsgroup - except those
where the poster also forges the moderator's approval.