Re: HYB Decrease the slope/polly tepals?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB Decrease the slope/polly tepals?
  • From: William Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 19:46:21 -0500

It is so strange that Bill mentioned these "novelties" today. I just
returned from strolling through the iris beds of the "iris lady" down
the road where I viewed three different varieties, all with six falls
and no standards. I have been to this lady's irises many times for three
of four years, and had never seen any of them before. I had seen
pictures of such things on the web, but never in person. I saw SixPack,
Flat Rate, and Impersonator. I thought I might try Impersonator, but I
think I'll keep it in a separate bed....Uh, oh, am I becoming a
"purist"?? ;o)

Bill Wells (not helping answer Bill's question, but marveling at the
diversity even within a single type of flower)

John Bruce wrote:

>  Well, there is SIXPACK, that produces six falls most of the time.
> FULL HOUSE has five standards and five falls. There are a couple of
> others, but I am drawing a blank. There is also NO BIKINI ATOLL, that
> has no standards I think.
> jb
> John Bruce  jbruce1@cinci.rr.com
> Hidden Acres Iris Gardens