Re: novice with irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] novice with irises
  • From: carol frazer <cjf5064024@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joeanne,
I planted a bunch of iris 3 years ago and like you I
got lots of "leaves". I was concerned and everyone I
asked about how long it takes a new plant to bloom, I
was told they bloom whenever they want to. Well, this
is the 3rd year for my iris and most of them bloomed
for the first time. I still had some that didn't
bloom,but maybe next spring they also will bloom. I
planted a couple of new ones this year and have good
"leaf" growth, but am not looking for them to bloom
for a couple of more years due to my experience with
the others. So, just hang in there, if they didn't
bloom this year, maybe next year. I don't know of
anything that you can do to help, just time and
patience as well as sun and rain.
--- joeannemchig <joeannemchig@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Last year I split up alot of the irises that were
> growing in the yard
> of the new home we bought.  Well I have lots of
> green leaves coming
> up but no flowers, did I do something wrong?  Is
> there anything I can
> do to remedy this?  Help!!!

Do You Yahoo!?

Buy Stock for $4