Re: CULT:Ugly Irises

  • Subject: Re: CULT:Ugly Irises
  • From: "jgcrumpe2001" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 22:52:58 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., "wmoores" <wmoores@w...> wrote:
> I am submitting the names of the following candidates to the all-
> time-great Ugly Iris Hall of Fame:
>
> AUNT NELLIE
> BABOON BOTTOM
> BROWN LASSO
> FOGBOUND
> GOLD KIST
> GREEN DRAGON
> MIRROR MIRROR
> PEACOCK'S EYE
> RHYTHM
> SHARRE
> THORNBIRD
>
> Keep in mind that many of these are award winners, one even
> winning the Dykes.  I started not to mention it because of all of
the
> previous talk about it, but it has just got to be on a list like
this!

> Walter Moores
> Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (where JUNGLE SHADOWS isn't ugly.
> Everybody who sees it wants it).

Well, Walta, while I can't argue with most of your selections, I have
to say a word in defense of THORNBIRD.  In my experience, it depends
on the garden in which you see it.  I have seen it looking "ho-hum"
and I have seen it looking very handsome.  But I haven't yet seen it
looking "yuk!" (i.e., ugly).  But, of course, we all know where
beauty is.  --  Griff

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.