Re: CULT:Ugly Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT:Ugly Irises
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:47:25 -0500

Durn!  I want to see these paste jewels!  I did a search in the archives and
could only turn up BROWN LASSO and FOGBOUND.  Anyone know where some photos
of the others might be available?  Don't need to see THORNBIRD.  I know, as
surely does most everyone, what it looks like.  Unfortunately, those looks
tend to be variable.  And how you catch it probably determines the reaction.

I'd suggest TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN, one I've denigrated here in the past and
POND LILY.  I doubt any veterinarian would care to see that color growing in
his yard re the latter.  TG is the only iris I find I try to avoid looking
at directly when it's in bloom and I'm near.  Best seen from a distance.

The photo posted this evening of JUNGLE SHADOWS looks nothing at all like
the one I grow.  The HIPS photo is more accurate, but not in the least
flattering.  My own looks better than either photo.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.