Re: CULT: Ugly Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Ugly Irises
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:52:33 -0500

>I was over at Brad and Kathie Kaspereks' place for judges' training this
>afternoon. They have an unintroduced seedling lined out (not of their
>breeding) labeled "Bird Droppings". It was still in tight bud so I was not
>able to judge the accuracy of the resemblance, but I was assured that the
>moniker fits it to a tee.

'Bird Droppings'!??  Did they elaborate further?  Seems there might be a
real difference between what a wren vs a buzzard might leave as organic
fertilizer.  Not to mention whether the mulberries were ripe.  Or any number
of purple berries when a flock of Cedar Waxwings decides to feast for a week
or so. :)

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA - thinking about the likely popularity of an iris named
'Bird Droppings'.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!