CULT: Ugly Irises

  • Subject: CULT: Ugly Irises
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:45:32 -0500

I did some research in Mallorn on several of the older irises mentioned in my list of
ugly irises.  Most have been 'critiqued' before but one post I'll quote:

From Graham Spencer on 9 Jan '97.  You can check it out for yourself but here it is.

'If the public-at-large are the ultimate arbiters of 'taste,' the reaction to BROWN
LASSO and other exotically colored irises (amongst our customers) suggests that
hybridizers have 'lost the plot.'"

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Who remembers Edith bashing very well but not because
she was ugly).

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.