Re: CULT:Ugly Irises ?

  • Subject: Re: CULT:Ugly Irises ?
  • From: majorcanis@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 03:54:18 EDT

Dear Friends,

       Am I missing something? I never saw an ugly iris.
       My success in my goal to grow as many species here on my 0.6 acres of
mostly shade is doing better than my ability to keep perfect records.
Therefore I have some successes I which I can no longer attribute source from
specific SIGNA lineage. I repent, but it it is velly difficult.
       Even today, I endeavored to plant 10 batches, each with 4 to 10 seed,
jst received from behind the aluminum curtian.  While counting, marking and
note taking another humanoid who feels free to appear in my garden distracted
my attention. I am sure this never happents to anyone else, but it leaves me
with  an unsure record even at planting time, and I have to admit that the
accuracey of my record does not imporve over time.
       So, to date, I have not had good success with alibreds, minimal with
spurias, and no clear evidence that I have succeeded with West Coast iris.
Because I want to, if possible, I would be pleased to provide postage for
anyone who can supply me with PCN seed. I do have a hot, dry area of my lot,
and I think this is where the iris which like wet springs and dry summers may
survive.
       I am indeed surprised at some of the wet, lowland iris that do so
well. Gibbons, who wrote the fall of the roman empire, sent me some seed
which germinated well, and bloomed their second year. We are on the sam
lititude, and I personally am a wide latitudinarian, we havea much colder clim
ate here 400s west of the coast.
       By the way. It seem earie. We live on Route 40. We occasionally have a
mountain slide into the traffic, and we are sorry when it happens. But I
don't believe we would never allow a barge to run into a bridge pylon and
throw cars into the river in our state.

James Harrison
Asheville

who has just written an article in response to a chemist in Ohio who wants
Ohio to teach supernatural science. He thinks his ethical behavior is
contingent on his conviciton that biology has misled us. If Kansas is
foolish, can Ohio be far behind?

JH

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.