Re: CULT:Ugly Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT:Ugly Irises
  • From: Sandra Barss <barsssa@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 05:43:20 -0700

Some of these must give you the same reaction as when I see Aril
irises.  I keep
on looking at the iris and wondering what do they see in these.

Goldkist is the only one I grow and it is a bit gaudy, but I don't
consider it ugly.

Sandra
SE Manitoba
Zone 3

wmoores wrote:

>  I am submitting the names of the following candidates to the all-
> time-great Ugly Iris Hall of Fame:
>
> AUNT NELLIE
> BABOON BOTTOM
> BROWN LASSO
> FOGBOUND
> GOLD KIST
> GREEN DRAGON
> MIRROR MIRROR
> PEACOCK'S EYE
> RHYTHM
> SHARRE
> THORNBIRD
>
> Keep in mind that many of these are award winners, one even
> winning the Dykes.  I started not to mention it because of all of the
> previous talk about it, but it has just got to be on a list like this!
>
> Walter Moores
> Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (where JUNGLE SHADOWS isn't ugly.
> Everybody who sees it wants it).

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.