Re: TB: Cold Hardiness

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Cold Hardiness
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 02 09:15:04 -0500

>Sorry to hear about your TB losses, Laurie.  It's one of the reasons why I
>grow mostly MDB's, SDB's and the other medians.

Thanks for the sympathy, El.  I, too, have decided to redistribute my
collections.  Up until this year, I have been extremely TB heavy.  Now I
will add many more Sibs along with more MDB and median beardeds.  I'm
also hoping the historic TBs I've ordered will be able to tough it out
here where the moderns wimped out.

I'm feeling MUCH better about life today, cuz I'VE GOT BLOOM!!!  I awoke
to 3 blooming cvs, 2 of which I've not seen bloom before.  CAUTION SIGN -
SDB, which also heralded in my bloom season last year, did so again this
year along with GRAPELET - MDB and DOOZEY - MDB (could there BE anything
cuter than this little one?!?).  Such fun!  I'm going to get so little
bloom this year, I have to savor every single flower that pops open.
Yippee!!!

I'm out to take pics of my little lovelies now.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
zone 3b northern MN - clay soil