Re:TB: color sequence of bloom?

  • Subject: Re:TB: color sequence of bloom?
  • From: academyhouse@toad.net
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:02:17 -0400

> I've never heard of a relationship between color and bloom sequence.
> Has anyone else?
> Patricia Brooks

Patricia,
I don't grow that many TB's, but with JI's and Siberians, there is a
significant correlation between bloom sequence and color. With JI's
there is also a correlation with form. Pink 3-fall JI's tend to be
early. The multipetals tend to be very late and many of them are dark
colors. They do not fare well in a climate where the temperature soars
past 90F at bloom time, because the flowers simply melt and do not open.

There are few, if any modern white Siberian cultivars that bloom early.

I didn't answer your question, but.....

R. Dennis Hager
on Delmarva

Buy Stock for $4