Re: Re: CULT: droopy flowers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: droopy flowers
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:03:57 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2002 11:05:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> This is the first year I've seen this phenomenon.  Flowers open
> normally, then sag sideways.  Very wierd.  Like the open bloom is too
> heavy to hold upright.

Me things you be tearing the spathe with your string tag eliminating the
bloom support and preventing the bloom rot.

> I've seen corkscrew stalks before, but haven't noticed this droopy
> flower syndrome before (maybe because I haven't ever had this many
> blooms to look at before <g>)

Me thinks that be a willow tree.

> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
Me thinks I may flunk when Linda finishes grading this.
Smiles,
Bill Burleson 7a/b

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.