RE: Re: CULT:Ugly Irises/Cruel Irises

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Re: CULT:Ugly Irises/Cruel Irises
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:16:08 -0500

...know how to count.  MA to five and Lemon Custard to three. Rot begins
when each
reaches the requisite number of fans but never completly. Never enough to
eliminate itself complely. Always enough to keep on a bed map survives. Each
is pretty enough to force salvage efforts. That's a cruel iris.

I have to agree with this and have several that fall into the same category.
Several times now I have walked by a given iris and cheered because it had
finally died and I could replace it, only to have it put up 1, count them
one fan in the fall.  Needless to say we don't list those iris <G>.  BTW
Magician's Apprentice grows wonderfully here!

Dana Brown
Malevil Iris Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Region 17, Judges Training Chairperson