Re:CULT:Last Men Standing

--- In iris-talk@y..., "Dana Brown" <ddbro@l...> wrote:
> I have been wanting to play this game but my iris had other things
on their
> minds.  Even today we still have bloom on Braggadocio, Anne Bolynn,
> Satin, Hollywood Nights, Classic Look, Amplified, Ring Around Rosie
> Whirl Around.  My bet for last standing looks like Classic Look,
but it is
> too soon to tell for sure.  What a wonderful dilemma!
> Dana Brown
> Malevil Iris Gardens
> Pres. South Plains Iris Society
> Region 17, Judges Training Chairperson
> Lubbock, TX  79403
> Zone 7 USDA, Zone 10 Sunset
> mailto:ddbro@l..

I'm just starting SDB so awhile before last man standing, but each
year at the end of the season, I have frantically crossed everthing
left in the garden and as a result now have quite a collection of
late bloomers, which also get crossed in desperation as the season
winds down. About 24 of the last men standing in my garden are these
seedlings, which I keep just because they are late. Nobody gets to
see them as they are so late. Once I was able to bring them into a
show, but the show was cancelled as no one else had any bloom left.
Sigh :-(

Chuck Chapman , Guelph, Ontariuo, Canada

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.