Re: Re:CULT:Last Men Standing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re:CULT:Last Men Standing
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:22:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2002 9:15:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
ddbro@llano.net writes:

> I have been wanting to play this game but my iris had other things on their
> minds.  Even today we still have bloom on Braggadocio, Anne Bolynn, Coral
> Satin, Hollywood Nights, Classic Look, Amplified, Ring Around Rosie and
> Whirl Around.  My bet for last standing looks like Classic Look, but it is
> too soon to tell for sure.  What a wonderful dilemma!
> Dana Brown

That's an impressive number of iris still in bloom for Zone 7 and prompts the
following two questions: Are they generally the "last standing" each year?
Are they growing in large clumps? In the last 10 years or so have you had any
iris blooming in June?

Never pretended I could count,
Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society