Re:CULT:Last Men Standing

  • Subject: Re:CULT:Last Men Standing
  • From: "tan0301" <tan0301@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:47:33 -0000

I am in zone 6 and I still have several Iris with buds on them
waiting to open.  This is the first year the majority has been
planted so I really can't compare to previous years.  Seakist,
Midnight Oil, Study in Black and Lemon Mist all opened for the first
time this week.  Party Queen was fixing to open yesterday afternoon
and it had bloomed a couple weeks ago too.  Ceasers Brother (SI) is
still blooming.  I had a pseudocorous (I know thats spelled wrong)
open yesterday and I am starting to see a hint of color on my JI's.
Off topic BUT my asiatic lilies are blooming and more are opening
each day and my stella daylilies had its first bloom yesterday.

--- In iris-talk@y..., oneofcultivars@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 5/28/2002 9:15:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
> ddbro@l... writes:
> > I have been wanting to play this game but my iris had other
things on their
> > minds.  Even today we still have bloom on Braggadocio, Anne
Bolynn, Coral
> > Satin, Hollywood Nights, Classic Look, Amplified, Ring Around
Rosie and
> > Whirl Around.  My bet for last standing looks like Classic Look,
but it is
> > too soon to tell for sure.  What a wonderful dilemma!
> >
> > Dana Brown
> >
> That's an impressive number of iris still in bloom for Zone 7 and
prompts the
> following two questions: Are they generally the "last standing"
each year?
> Are they growing in large clumps? In the last 10 years or so have
you had any
> iris blooming in June?
> Never pretended I could count,
> Bill Burleson 7a/b