Re: Re: Purple pod

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Purple pod
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:08:58 -0600

> From: jgcrumpe2001 <jgcrump@erols.com>
> Thanks to each of you purple pod people. It's comforting to know I'm
> not alone.  --  Griff

Griff et al.,
Now that a number of cultivars that produce purple pods have been
identified, it would be interesting if the inheritance of the trait could
be traced. To summarize the purple podders so far, we have

ISTANBUL noted by Griff Crump
INFERNAL FIRE noted by Kitty Loberg
TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN noted by Jeff Walters
SPIRIT WOTLD noted by Chuck Chapman
RADIANT BLISS, a seedling bred by Betty Wilkerson

A quick search through the Checklists reveals that the first four irises
named above all trace back to APRIL MELODY (Jim Gibson, 1967). Betty, does
your RADIANT BLISS also have AM in its ancestry?

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.