Re: Don't Send Me Yellow Flowers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Don't Send Me Yellow Flowers
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" <clc@cherylleigh.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:07:08 -0400

I don't have any yellow or orange flowers, period, except for daffodils and
an iris called Sunny Days, which when it bloomed (not this year) was light
yellow, and Tiger Honey, which IF it ever blooms is I guess goldish. It was
part of the collection my mom liked and since it has stripes on it and a
feline name it'll probably stay even if I dislike the color.<G> I went to a
daylily farm last year and discovered the main problem with daylilies is
they are mostly yellow and orange.<G> I picked burgundy, red or pink ones.
Just bought a rose bush, my mom almost went for a pale yellow one but I fell
in love with "Chicago Peace". I have a Scotch broom and when I was trying to
find info about it on the web, searches kept bringing up pictures of plants
with yellow blooms that are apparently on some states' lists of "noxious
weeds". MIne has pink blooms that smell really neat! We had yellow yarrow in
the front of the house but it was overgrown and we pulled it all out.
There's pink yarrow growing by the local Little League field, I wouldn't
mind having that.

The garden opposite the iris bed is all blue and purple flowers except for
two white Easter lilies and some white phlox. It was planted in memory of a
blue cat.

Cheryl Leigh