Re: CULT: Beautiful Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Beautiful Irises
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:06:04 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2002 10:29:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
kpbirish@aol.com writes:

>  am new to this group and only have several varieties. can you all tell me
> where the best mail order irises are from? tx
>
> karen

You can't do better than _________________. They always give great rhizomes
at the best prices. Just clowning Karen welcome to the group. They are gonna
find you. I try to avoid Schreiners. Not because of the price or quality.
They have wonderful cultivars/prices. They have such a wide distribution
their introductions are easy to acquire in plant sales/swaps/trades. Of
course I would not avoid them completely. I lack the courage. Their catalog
is a great reference. Too, I run out of money before I run out of irises I
want. Got my first "big order" from them about 1994. I killed 'em all (most
anyway). They replaced em all. They replaced em graciously and without any
fanfare. My Grandmother got her first order from them about 1945 when I
existed only as a twinkle in my daddy's eye. Business philosophy/policy
matters. Proper labeling of names matters.

Welcome and lots of smiles to you,
Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

FREE COLLEGE MONEY