Re: CULT: Ugly Irises

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Ugly Irises
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:49:40 -0400

Now I know why the subject line is 'CULT' - as I said before, pretty is
as pretty does <g>.  I suspect I wouldn't much care for CELEBRATION SONG
if it didn't grow so well & bloom so reliably here.  The colors do tend
to be pretty washed out.

Apologies for leading "name not withheld" astray to such an ugly iris
<g>

So many irises bloom here on stumpy little stalks with squashed blooms
(especially those with open standards)...too many ugly irises to name &
I know they can't possibly look that bad in their home turf.  I ordered
FROSTING last year because several folks in our club have brought lovely
stalks to our show or rhizomes to our sale, so I thought it would do ok
here.  It definitely wins the ugly iris award here this year - rumpled
little squashed blooms, about 9 on a stalk about a foot tall.  Bleeah

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!