RE: try again

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] try again
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:47:05 -0700

Most good iris catalogs list varieties from VE (very early) to VL (very
late), with E, M, and L in between.  Buy some at both ends to extend your
bloom season.  Buy varieties marked RE for rebloomers, which (depending on
climate, care, and whether the variety in question is a decent grower in the
first place) can bloom multiple times during the year.  Dwarf iris will
bloom before TB's (typically, anyway); spurias and louisianas tend to bloom
slightly later.  If you really want more blooms throughout the year though,
focus on rebloomers.  Someone else can recommend specific varieties for your
climate; what reblooms in 9b southern California may not for you.

John Reeds

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!