Re: CULT:Ugly Irises

I'm glad different people like different irises.  If we all saw them the same, we wouldn't have the variety we have.  I've used all the Celebration Song pollen that I'm going to, since CS is one of those cruel irises, and its prettiest seedling is also.  Pond Lily is much kinder and I have a lot of its seedlings in my iris nursery.  They don't look as vigorous as CS's seedlings.  In a few years, I will know.  Ghio has one blooming in my guest garden right now that I could love except I can't understand why it waited till May 26 to send up its first stalk.  It is Amiable, deep pink standards, deep lilac falls, large blossoms on a strong tall stalk not fading in 100 degree temperature.
Francelle Edwards   Glendale,  AZ  Zone 9
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Randy Squires
  To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 1:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT:Ugly Irises

  <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net> writes:  Does anyone think Celebration
  Song is ugly...

  I hope you don't get angry, but I don't like Celebration Song or Pond
  It's not that their ugly, I just don't care that much for pastels.
  In fact I don't care for Valentines Day either, since the first time I
  saw it,
  I though it is to pale.
  Pond Lily I grew the first year then gave it away. Celebration Song I had
  to go out and buy since Linda M. and others kept mentioning it, but I
  wasn't to impressed, However I still like Ghio's Honeymoon Suite for some

  Name withheld by request,

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.