Re: Anyone Grow Junos in California?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Anyone Grow Junos in California?
  • From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:42:03 -0700

I've been completely overwelmed by the volume of e-mail the last
3 weeks, but I have it under control, I think.

But, yes, I live in Sunset zone 14 and grow several Junos. I. bucharica
multiplies like a weed (but stays in nice clumps), I. magnifica also
grows very well. I. vicaria is a bit less robust, but I get some blooms
every year. I'm trying a few others, but haven't gotten any to bloom
yet.

Ken Walker
Concord, CA USA

"Randall M. Story" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I joined the list because I am curious whether anyone grows Juno Irises in
> California (in particular zones 9 and 10/ Sunset zones 15 and 21).  Are
> there particular species/hybrids that are particularly well-suited?  I
> haven't grown any myself, and can't find any info on the web about this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.