Re: Re: Purple pod

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Purple pod
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 22:00:40 -0600

Francelle Edwards added RING AROUND ROSIE to the list of purple podded TBs
and Mike Sutton added INNOCENT STAR, DOUBLE SHOT, DOUBLE CLICK, and LIP
SERVICE. The first three are descended from APRIL MELODY, as were all of
the previously identified purple podded TBs, and I do not have pedigree
information available on the last two.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

> Now that a number of cultivars that produce purple pods have been
> identified, it would be interesting if the inheritance of the trait could
> be traced. To summarize the purple podders so far, we have
>
> ISTANBUL noted by Griff Crump
> INFERNAL FIRE noted by Kitty Loberg
> TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN noted by Jeff Walters
> SPIRIT WOTLD noted by Chuck Chapman
> RADIANT BLISS, a seedling bred by Betty Wilkerson
>
> A quick search through the Checklists reveals that the first four irises
> named above all trace back to APRIL MELODY (Jim Gibson, 1967). Betty,
does
> your RADIANT BLISS also have AM in its ancestry?
>
> Jeff Walters in northern Utah  (USDA Zone 4/5, Sunset Zone 2, AHS Zone 7)
> jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.