Re: I never saw an ugly iris

  • Subject: Re: I never saw an ugly iris
  • From: majorcanis@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:16:05 EDT

Dear Friends,
       I repeat, I never saw an ugle iris.
       Just today, I talked with a neighbor, a retired Forrester, who walks
making a list of the variety of flowers in our neighborhood. He asked me to
identify and anemone, and I showed him my blooming iris, and with his
knowledge base it was not difficult to explain an irid, Belamcanda -- the
first of the season. I would have to look at my log to see which Specie Iris
seed batch it came from, but it is strange. At first I was disappointed. The
flowers are small and they are clustered on a stem. But the more I look at
them, the more beautiful I think they are.
       Mr Thatcher, the Forrester, told me his wife was home recovering from
CA surgery. I cut five stalks and gave them to her as my wish for recovery. I
think I saw a tear in his eye -- from my ugliest flower.
       I also repeat. I am striving to grow PCI here in Appalachia. If anyone
out there in California or Oregon has access to a good bit of seed which they
are willing to sacrifice, I'd happily pay for postage and report on my

Lousianas and Japanese are showing off, pseudacorus & virginica now doing an
encore, versicolor more modest but beautiful. Where is the ugly?

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.