Re: TB: CULT: stakes corrected drooping

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: CULT: stakes corrected drooping
  • From: Dewey Jane <jmarieed@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 22:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

    Well mine wasn't due to a hose, but I think an ole
neighborhood cat making his bed for the night in my
iris bed!! My tallest TB in the garden and it was bent
over to the point of breaking off. It had one bloom
and 6 buds and I rushed it in the house and they have
all finally bloomed and that was over 8 days ago! Darn
Oh well I got to marvel at my beauty every night
before bed!
Zone 4 Nebraska

--- unionzone <unionzone@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I staked up those that were bending earthward, and
> they have
> straightened up.
> In another misadventure, my reckless hose-flopping
> broke off
> three - no wait - oh my god, four - thick stalks.
> I ran inside, breathless, and dunked them
> immediately into a tall
> vase to help keep water pressure up. Will it work
> without roots to
> push?
> Anyone had buds open a week after being cut (or
> hose-whipped?)
> ...better than a horse-whipping, I suppose, though I
> feel I deserve
> it...
> Dan in Saint Paul, MN
> see my first iris of the year at