Re: Iris japonica

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris japonica
  • From: tomd@cals.lib.ar.us
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:59:12 -0500 (CDT)

Mr. Doherty,

I grow I. japonica most for its fine variegated foliage.  We get quite cold
here in Zone 7, central Arkansas, but I. japonica survives just
fine...though bloom is scanty.  I would think it would prosper in your
warmish climate.

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
Central Arkansas Library System