Re: CULT: Ugly Irises vs. beautiful irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Ugly Irises vs. beautiful irises
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:37:37 -0700

I agree with those choices, Donald.  Skating Party is my favorite white.  I even won Best of Show with it two years ago, and I regularly see better stalks with larger, more beautiful flowers than that one had.  I also have White Lightening and Griffin's Pride, one of Shepard's irises, huge ruffled, laced, upon opening slightly tinted lilac and green.  Why would I want any more whites?

Circus Circus does well here too.  I got it after seeing it first in Dallas, but I can understand people who don't like streaks.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale,  AZ  Zone 9  where it's supposed to be 107 degrees today and we have had exactly .10 inch of rain this whole year.