Nitrogen via horse manure

  • Subject: Nitrogen via horse manure
  • From: "oasisgdn" <LenoraLafky@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:11:16 -0000

New to List - from the High Desert of Central Oregon - with a Zillion
1. The rows of iris I have in which was tilled a small amount of old
horse manure appear much healthier than those without; also used
alfalfa pellets, straw & triple superphosphate.  Other observations,
2.  In the High Desert we have excessive heaving; I'm finding
shredded straw deters this, along with holding moisture during the
hot periods of summer.  Any others with this experience???
3.  When rhizomes are `barely alive', would it be beneficial to dig
and plant in pots?
4.  Don't appear to have any leaf spot problems, but do have
botrytis; not much `mush', just spongy/woody; suggestions for sprays
and time of application appreciated.
Last but not least, after visiting the Willamette Valley, I was
feeling very discouraged (to the point of planting more sagebrush!!),
but now, having read of others' disappointment this year, I'll keep

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!