CULT: Beautiful blooms

  • Subject: CULT: Beautiful blooms
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:28:31 -0400

If I ignore the stalk and just look at the individual bloom, COLOR ME
BLUE won first prize for me this year.  Lovely, clear, radiant pallida
blue.

Second goes to DYNAMITE, judging from how much time I spent staring at
the individual blooms.  An odd and interesting layering of several
colors resulting in deep red.

Nicest clump of color - VIZIER.  Kind of a burnt red lavender cranberry
rose watermelon (obviously I'm not good at describing colors!).  Lots of
bloom on a two year clump, but on stunted stalks.  Similarly, a nice
display of a lot of color on DESIGNING WOMAN, also on stunted stalks.

Biggest disappointment - DUSKY CHALLENGER.  In all the years I've grown
it, this is the first it has not bloomed.

Most reliable - of those with names, this is a tie between SULTRY MOOD
and LIGHTNING RIDGE.  These two have bloomed no matter what since I
first got them, with or without division.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.