RE: Nitrogen via horse manure

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Nitrogen via horse manure
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:22:04 -0500

	Just out of curiosity how much rain do you get annually?  Here we pray for
17", and without hail as long as I'm asking.
	I have never used horse manure, mainly because we got out of horses about
the same time we got into irises.  We do use a compost called Back to Earth
at 1/4 the recommended rate.  We have found that this layered with alfalfa
pellets works very well.  We also use bone meal under every CV when planted.
Last year was the first year we got everything together all at once and WOW
what a difference.

Dana Brown
Malevil Iris Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society