Re: Master Named Iris Listing with Photos

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Master Named Iris Listing with Photos
  • From: MWill68323@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:26:40 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/02 7:49:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
thelockmans@tntie.com writes:

> The 12th edition of the daylily guide is $27.00
> The 1st edition of the iris guide is $20.95
> Does anyone have these, are they worth the money?

I can't speak for the iris guide but I do have the daylily guide.  It has
many very nice photos but does not include photos of all the daylilies
listed. The 2002 edition only inlcudes those that are listed for sale by the
nurseries included in the book, approx 13,000. What it does do is allow you
to locate a source, price compare, and get a description.  That alone has
made it a valuable tool for me.  I know several people who use it for online
auctions because they can judge their bids.  It's not unusual for someone to
comment that a cv was going for 100.00 at auction when you could get it from
a reliable source for 40.00.

The only real problem I have with it it that it tends to make my wish list
grow....way too long :}

Marsha
TN zone 6b/7

FREE COLLEGE MONEY