Re: OT: 'SHOUTING' in e-mail

Who decided that using all caps was shouting?

Is there a rule against using all caps on iris-talk?

What about those who use all lower case letters and don't even capitalize the
personal pronoun 'i?'  Nobody seems to get bent out of shape over this.

Since I am a librarian, our library has a substantial Large Print collection for people
whose eyesight is failing or is otherwise impaired.  It is amazing to find that there are
a number of people who check out Large Print who have no problems with vision at
all, so there are readers 'who swing both ways,' and it doesn't bother them.   We also
have 'talking books' for people whose hearing is failing.  People whose hearing is
normal check out those, too.

So, the point of all of this:

All of us should try to be aware that there are those among us who have physical
challenges and be considerate of those conditions.

If you start to read a post in all caps or know a message is going to be in all caps (or
all lower case,) and it is going to upset you, then delete it and let somebody who is
not bothered by such conventions answer the post.

Saying that the use of all caps is shouting is a bunch of hooey, and to deny the use
of caps to print handicapped people who want to use the computer is just not right.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (Watching the bloom season decline.) :-(