Re: OT: 'SHOUTING' in e-mail

On 1 May 2003 at 12:12, Catherine Button wrote:

> > Saying that the use of all caps is shouting is a bunch of hooey, and to deny the use
> > of caps to print handicapped people who want to use the computer is just not right.
> >
> > Walter Moores
>
> Ahhh, but it is not hooey. It has been the general usage format of all
> *civilized* discourse on the net. If there were no other option to make
> letters bigger, then you might have a point.
> Bottom line, it is John's list and his guidelines and rules are the
> word, not mine, not anyone elses...
>

> --
> #-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-#
> My words are mine, and don't reflect the views of my employer.
> Catherine Button    Network Administrator    cathy@pavcal.com
>            Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

In my opinion discourse in ALL CAPS is more civilized than
discourse in all lower case with no capital letters at all.

It is doubtful that the 'posters' referred to originally could handle the
procedure for enlarging the print, so to deny them access for using
all caps is wrong.

I have no intention of ursupring the rules of the owner, but I don't
know where to find his rule regarding the use of all caps.

The only 'rules' we get from the administrator are regarding Subject
Tags.  And, it is interesting to note, they are to be in ALL CAPS.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8