Re: CULT: 6-10-10?

I've had the same experience here with trying to find this mix, Pat.  I get a
lot more sympathetic response from farm stores than the big chain Marts,
however.  For one thing, the salesfolk are a lot more likely to know what's in
stock, which end of the bag is which and what those numbers mean.

What I've done is settle for 10-10-10 or even 17-17-17, but I've even killed
some small iris, frying them to a crisp with the latter by getting to liberal
with the application in preparing a new bed.  For someone with the amount of
experience I've had with agrichemicals, I should be ashamed to admit that, I

It's a lot safer to go with a mix in the wheelbarrow of chemical fertilizer--a
little, compost--a lot, gypsum or lime, plus whatever else the soil might
profit from.  Iris are very touchy about nitrogen feeding, but they do need it
from time to time, just in very moderate amounts.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville/Hendersonville, NC