Re: CULT: 6-10-10?

In a message dated 5/1/2003 10:15:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corgilover@wi.rr.com writes:

> Maybe it would be easier for my if I knew what the last two numbers
> stood for.  I know the first is nitrogen . . . . .
> --
> Pat Mitchell

nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (also known as potash).
example: 5-10-5 is 5% nitrogen, 10% phosphorus and 5% potassium (potash).
The remaining 80% is filler.
Nitogen - for rapid growth and green leaves
Phosphorus - for root growth and develop strudy plants and flowering
Potassium - for new cell growth, roots and buds

MARGIE BROWN, NY zone 7