Re: TB: Peak bloom in MI

On 1 May 2003 at 20:13, Linda Bartell wrote:

> <Walter Moores  (Watching the bloom season decline.) :-(  >
> Walter...come on up to Troy, Michigan...peak bloom here is Memorial Day weekend.  (Maybe we could arrange to 'follow the bloom' across the  climate zones - you know, like celebrating New Year's in each time zone?)  We could extend the season very nicely. :-) Linda B. (watching the rain turn the
iris lush green, but still waiting for the bloomstalks to appear)Troy, MI  - 16 mi. north of DetroitRegion 6, zone 6a

I still have plenty to view.  KEEPING UP APPEARANCES has three show stalks in
my front display bed.  This orchid bi-tone is really a knock-out.  PROTOTYPE is
another show stalk along side of AMIABLE, the best version of Touche' ever.  DAN
THE MAN should be open tomorrow.  SUNNYSIDE DELIGHT is a monster in size.

If you want ruffles on top of ruffles, try the new stuff from SUPERSTITION, Rick and
Roger.  All of these also have cardboard rigidity - HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS, SPRING
FANTASY, BROADBAND, and FIRST WAVE.

Keppel's FIERY TEMPER is that,  just screaming for attention and most assuredly
getting it from the visitors.  Don't plant it next to OPPOSING FORCES though!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8