Re: HYB:Garden Value

>Is there still room for garden quality irises that do not have show bench
>branching? I think so, but maybe I'm in the minority. ???
>
>Betty W in south-central KY zone 6

Betty,

I am in a similar quandary about two nice seedlings.

I am going to introduce a very pretty lavender/orchid bi-color that has
Feedback, Anxious, Matrix, America's Team, and other rebloomers in it.  It is
nicely branched and has beautiful form.

The only problem with this seedling is that it has never rebloomed for me, but
I think it might in more favorable climates.  I think it should be on the
market because with all the rebloomers in it, it may add to the gene pool and
save others a lot of time in trying to get a bunch of rebloomers in one
plant.

Then, there's the pretty yellow one that some years is a BB and other years a
'short tall.'  What do you do?  One thing, it has never been as big or as tall
as BATIK, a classic BB that won everything but the Dykes.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Bowled over by the blooms of the dark, dark (black
falls) bi-tone MATT MCNAMES).

Walter Moores