Re: TB: Peak bloom in MI

Linda (and Walter, of course):  Extending the bloom season was one of the
great benefits of going to the national AIS convention in Memphis last year.
Here in NW Iowa we could barely see green on some of the trees (not even that
much on others) and iris bloom was a month away.  The drive south brought us
hour by hour into spring all the way to Memphis, where we got to experience
the iris in full glory.  By the time we drove home via a couple days stop in
western Illinois we could see how the season had advanced, and a short time
later we got the joy of our own iris season, about a month after that at the
convention.  It was a super way to experience a really extended iris season,
getting 2 bloom periods instead of just one.  Just another of the reasons
(along with meeting a number of people from this list) why going to a national
is such a fine experience.  Unfortunately they are not always scheduled so
that you can get the bloom season in another region plus your own.

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net