ADMIN: OT: subject tags (was shouting in e-mail)

Ellen Gallagher wrote:

*If people change the subject of the original thread,
P-L-E-A-S-E change the subject tag to correspond.
I also would encourage people to change subject tags when the subject of the post has gone off in a new direction. It helps everyone.

** There is no need for folks to post 10 times a day on a list
unless they are in a medical emergency. In that case, dial

Well, yes and no. There is no restriction on the number of posts anyone can make to the list. However, I have noticed over the past couple of months a significant increase of personal messages that have been sent to the list instead of being sent privately. " Thank you"s and " you take great pictures" and "will you send me some of that" and "I agree whole heartedly" similar types of messages should be sent privately to the individual.

There are certainly expecption to the above, but the criteria should be, "is my message something that is informative to everyone, or a question that everyone will be interested in?" I don't want to drive any relevent questions or comments off the list, and you should certainly err on the side of sending it to the list, but messages that are only of interest to the sender and the recipient should be sent privately. I realize that we develop relationships on the list and that we mostly have a "big family" feeling to most of what goes on, and that is good.

Also, try to refrain form posting or responding to posts that have little to do with irises. If an issue comes up that bothers you, *write*to*me*. The list doesn't need to know that, for instance, the way someone signs their messages drives you up the nearest wall.

No, I am not picking on anyone in particular (at least right now <grin>)

I am declaring an official end to the Shouting thread. If you have more to say, either let it go, or send it to ME.

John | "There be dragons here"