OT - digitizing photos Re: TB:,HYB: status report

On Fri, 2 May 2003 21:00:59 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello John,
>
>> Plenty of photos, but no digital camera or scanner.
>
>Rats!

There are ways to digitize photos without a digital camera or scanner.
You can send film to any number of photo developing places (I use
photoworks, but there are others) and they will put the photos on a CD
for you.  I can even get slides put on a disk - 40 slides costs $9.95
plus S&H.

You can also go to Walmart and use their little machines to put your
photo on a disk.  But that's expensive - I think each photo costs $6,
and you only get one to a disk.  (They have to give you the disk - and
be sure the machine is working before you  start.)  I get around that
by doing a collage of photos and then separating them in the computer
later.

RosalieAnn Beasley in MD